Monday, May 16, 2011

Cycle 1

After a couple of months, I went back to the doctor. I arrived around 5pm at the Medical City and I knew I was really really late. True enough when I got to my doctor's clinic, she and her staff are already outside closing up. Fortunately, when my doctor saw me, she decided to go back inside and just give me a prescription. We were not able to do a TVU so she just asked when AF arrived and prescribed me with Clomid + dexamethasone. She also told me to continue with my metformin.

Clomid: Day 4 - 8 (2x/night)
Dexamethasone: Day 4 - 15 (1x/night)
Metformin: 1x/morning + 2x/night

I found out that taking dexamethasone with clomid is not a very popular practice, at least for the girls at the GT Forum. Good thing that when I googled it I found results:

Dexamethasone has been given to PCOS patients and ovulation has been noted via androgen suppression. However, this is not regularly done as steroids have undesireable side-effects.
This combination is not routinely used for the aforementioned reasons, but may help PCOS patients ovulate with Clomid with possible consequences

http://www.fertilityties.com/post/show/how-effective-is-dexamethasone-with-clomid


Hopefully this combination would prove to be effective for me. I'm scheduled to see my OB on Day 12 and I'm crossing all my fingers on this one. =)

1 comment:

  1. I hope the drug combo works for you sis :D I guess even with all the side effects of steroids, it outweighs the results.

    ReplyDelete