Monday, March 14, 2011

Launching of Oplan: Baby

Several months have passed now. Since July last year, I have not come to my OB for a check-up. A lot of things have happened.... still, no baby. I thought that my husband and I could work on it on our own.

The last prescription that my OB gave me was Metformin and I took for a month and stopped taking it entirely because it just gave me a big big headache and I felt like I was "floating" while I was in the office. Lutang na lutang, parang adik!

I have also been getting "Aunt Flo" regularly after I finished my prescription of Diane 35. I thought that it was a good sign. I later found out that it's not. 

Two weeks ago, I finally stopped procrastinating and went back to my OB. I'm getting frustrated every month that I get my AF. I thought, "hey, there's still something wrong with me, I should really go back and see the pro, hindi na pwedeng sarilinin ito". Dr. Sua-Lao was very warm when she saw me. She commended that I lost a lot of weight (which I'm not really sure if I believe that 'coz I always feel bloated). I informed her that I just had my AF 6 days ago and we quickly proceeded with the TVU. She informed me that I wasn't ovulating. I could be getting AF but it doesn't mean that I ovulate. She said that my uterus lining is quite thick considering that I just had my menstruation. According to her, this is not a good thing because at this rate, if my lining keeps getting thicker, my chocolate cyst could return anytime.

Dr. Sua-Lao learned that I did not continue with my Metformin prescription. I told her the reason and she prescribed me with a different brand. She asked me to promise her that I'll stick with this for at least 2 months no matter what. She said that we should take advantage of the knowledge that my insulin level is high, compared to other PCOS women who cannot distinguish the cause of their condition. She also gave me Primulut which allowed me to bleed after taking it for 4 days (3 times a day).

After leaving her clinic, I told myself that it would be the start of an official work-up. I'll follow my doctor's advise religiously and take extra care of myself from now on. Diet and exercise are cliches that really need to perform. Hell, if I want to have a baby before 30, I better be a good girl.

I believe that God has already destined a little angel for me and my husband. It's not something that we still need to ask. He is just allowing us to find a way to "fetch" our blessing. Kaya ikaw bagets, wait ka lang dyan. Huwag kang maiinip. Parating na kami!

No comments:

Post a Comment